Snyder, long an honored member of the bar of Greenbrier, was born in Highland
County, Virginia, March 26, 1834, and died in Lewisburg July 24, 1896.
He was educated at Washington College, Lexington,
Virginia, and at the famous Law School of Judge Brokenbrough in the same
town. He served with the Greenbrier
Rifles in the Confederate Arm, and resumed practice in Lewisburg after the war
closed. In 1882 he was appointed to the
State Supreme Court to fill out the unexpired term of Judge James F. Patton. Later, he was elected for the full term.
Historical Booklet, Greenbrier County, 1938)